HK Audio LUCAS NANO 600 Audio Portable PA System
Extremely compact and light, yet extraordinarily powerful: with the world’s first crossover PA, HK Audio is setting new standards for portable PA Systems.
Crossover means the bringing together of the various advantages different speaker formats offer. The superior, far-reaching high frequencies you’d expect from a high-quality full range cabinet. The elegant and space-saving appearance of a column system. And the powerful bass of a hefty subwoofer housed in a wooden cabinet. All at the sensationally low weight of 16.3kg.
This is made possible thanks to a bunch of innovative technologies. Like the Multicell Transformer (MCT), which delivers the quality performance of a large high-frequency horn at a fraction of the size. What’s more, the MCT guarantees the acoustically flawless coupling (Coherent Wavefront Stacking) of the two satellites in a mono column format. Then there’s the ingenious Anti-Resonance Bracing (ARB), which ensures that the subwoofer uncompromisingly converts every single watt of power into pure low-end energy. The practically minded and comprehensively appointed input section makes a separate mixer superfluous in the vast majority of cases.
And one absolutely unique factor: depending on the task at hand, Lucas Nano 600 can be used as a slim mono column or as a compact satellites/subwoofer system. Or, simply combine two mono columns to experience the first ever “big” PA system that can be transported in two hands.
Lucas Nano 600 is even more lavishly appointed: Inputs 1 and 2 afford you even greater flexibility by providing enough channels for a vocal duo with accompaniment or two acoustic guitarists with an additional vocalist. On top of that, it furnishes phantom power for condenser microphones.
The newly developed MultiCell Transformer for the 1' compression driver is certainly an innovative highlight. This advanced Wave Transformer technology shoehorns the acoustical benefits of a much larger CD horn into this compact format and allows two satellites to be stacked properly to achieve the best audio performance.
Epoxy housings have many benefits, but they‘ve never been famous for delivering massive, muscular bass. So our engineers took a novel approach to this challenge, using a special state-of-the art simulation method to analyze how the Lucas Nano 600 subwoofer‘s enclosure bends and flexes. They pinpointed all the resonance points and then reinforced the unit with a sophisticated metal bracing.Features:
- Versatile: configures as a mono PA, a 2.1 or a twin stereo setup
- Two satellites with a 4.5" woofer and 1" tweeter
- 10" Subwoofer
- 5 Inputs, 3-channel-mixer, mic in 1 with phantom power
- 460 W power amp
- 130 dB max. SPL
- First of its kind worldwide: MultiCell Transformer for optimum dispersion
- Low-resonance bass enclosure for remarkable low-end performance
- Satellite transport bay inside the subwoofer enclosure
- Weighs just 36 lbs.
- Several optional add-ons
- Model: Lucas Nano 600 System
- Product class: mono system / 2.1 system
- Frequency response: +/- 3 dB 43 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power rating: 460 W (300 W + 2x 80 W) class D (EIA)
- Active protection circuits: mulitband limiter, subsonic filter, thermo protection, overload protection
- Inputs: (3) XLR combo, RCA/mini jack 3.5mm, link in for twin stereo mode
- Outputs: Speaker out, easy-click, rec out, link out for twin stereo mode
- Special features: 5 channel mixer (3 mono + 1 stereo resp.. 1 mono + 2 stereo channels)
- Enclosure: surface-coated polypropylene
- Optional accessories: stereo stand add-on, mono stand add-on, roller bag, desk/wall mount add-on, link cable
- Weight: 36 lbs.